If you are looking for Landlord Protection Insurance in Fort Collins, Colorado, Noel Selewski is your trusted source for a variety of coverage options at the best possible rates. Learn more about the types of coverage included in Landlord insurance and why you should work with an independent agency like us.
What is Landlord Insurance?
Landlord insurance is a policy for anyone who rents out an investment property they own. This type of insurance typically includes two types of coverage: property protection and liability protection. Both are intended to help protect landlords from financial losses.
Landlord Property Protection
This type of coverage is included in a landlord insurance policy to cover the physical property related to the property that is rented out. Coverage generally includes the following:
- Coverage can help pay to repair the investment property if it is damaged by covered losses such as fire, hail, lightning, wind, etc.
- Other Structures
- Coverage can also help pay for repairs or detached structures on the rental property including the detached garage, fence, etc.
- Personal Property Used to Service a Rental
- Coverage can pay for the repair of any equipment kept onsite to maintain the rental property such as a lawnmower or snowblower. This does not include personal items such as bikes or entertainment centers.
Landlord Liability Protection
This type of coverage is included in a landlord insurance policy to help pay for another person’s medical bills or the landlord’s legal expenses should someone else be injured on the investment property and you, the landlord, are found responsible.
What Policy is Right for You?
Every landlord’s needs will be different and when it comes to buying insurance for your investment rental, all policies are not the same. Coverage can vary widely based on the options you select to be included in your policy. You may opt for a basic policy covering common perils or a bigger policy covering an extensive list of perils and providing more protection in the event of tenant/landlord disputes. It is best to thoroughly discuss your budget and your exact requirements with an insurance agent that can recommend the best policy available.
7 Benefits of Working with an Independent Insurance Agency
Before you select a policy, you will need to determine if you want to go through a single-brand insurance company or an independent insurance agent. Let’s take a look at some of the biggest benefits of going through an independent agency like Noel Selewski.
- Our agents are on your side. We will review many different insurance carrier’s rates and coverages to find the best option. Single-brand insurance agents are only able to provide coverage from the company they work for, which may not be the best option for you. Our independent agents will act as your advocate through the process.
- Our agents will help you understand the complexities surrounding landlord protection insurance. Independent agents are able to take the time to make sure you fully understand your policies and exactly what is covered under them. We are available throughout the policy period to make adjustments and answer questions.
- Our agents know your local community. We serve Fort Collins and all of Colorado for over 40 years. We understand the local community and the specific preventative measures and protections that will help Fort Collins landlords.
- Our agents can be a single source for all of your insurance needs. We can help you obtain insurance for your rental property as well as all of the other types of coverage you may need. Going through an independent agency provides a convenient, one-stop-shop for insurance.
- Our agents have trusted reputations. We are a trusted agency with years in the business and our agents have a strong reputation in the industry thanks to their dedication to individual client needs.
- Our agents offer specialized knowledge. We employ insurance specialists that can find the best carrier based on your specific needs and wants.
- Our agents will never oversell you. Single-brand insurance companies may offer promising deals but working with us will be more cost-effective in the long run. Choosing the right policy with the right amount of coverage for you will save time, money, and headaches down the line.
If you are a landlord in Colorado, it pays to work with a trusted partner when selecting an insurance policy. We are an independent agency that has your best interests in mind. Since 1979, our agents have offered the very best advice and service on a variety of insurance products including landlord protection insurance.
Get a Free Quote on Landlord Protection Insurance in Fort Collins
Are you ready to get started with the right landlord protection insurance in Fort Collins? Contact Noel Selewski Agency today to discuss your insurance needs. A helpful agent will quote you on the right coverage at a competitive rate. Give us a call at 855-50-INSURE (855-504-6787).
Contact one of our independent agents today to discuss the best property insurance in Fort Collins, Colorado: